Relationships: Cougar V. Sugadaddy

Question? How come if a woman dates a young man they are called "Cougar" and usually makes it sound wrong but when a man dates a young woman it's ok or rarely classified as sugar daddy?
At first when women "non-celebrity" dated/married a young man they were termed cradle robbers? But no body minded as much when older man married a young woman. To me it seems women have and are still being judged more harshly than their male counterparts. I myself am guilty in a small way to feeling some weirdness dating a young man but i feel it's ok for me to date an older guy. I am in no way against dating someone younger than yourself I think it depends on the person. For me I feel like anyone younger than me can't be viewed anything more than my brother, don't get me wrong am not saying younger men are less better than older men but its my preferences and my opinion.

My opinion may have been influenced more by the fact that every guy I dated who was my age or a little older always behaved childishly. It's well known that in most cases women develop faster "in maturity" than men that's just how it is and having witnessed that myself over the years I just felt going out with someone younger than me was a no no. Again don't misquote me their are men out there who have developed either faster or same as their female counterparts but their are a few. 
Now I have blabbed on about "maturity" now let me explain this, a mature minded  man with his senses in tact will always think of the bigger picture not just here and now and neglect the future. He will be putting others before himself, commitment does not scare him he embraces it. He cherishes what he has doesn't always trade it up for a new joy every time his bored instead he works at it and if cant work he discusses it and bids his farewell. Maybe I am thinking of a fictional character here but I would like to think that, that kind of men have described are out there and my man is one of them. To the ladies I will say this don't just choose the one with the money choose that one whose working for it who has a dream, ambition and can support himself, you and if ever happens your kids too. These days it's not easy and am not saying compromise to the point of dying no just don't overlook them all because you have certain desires. If he ticks 6/10 take him and work together on the other 4.  

Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading. Please remember to subscribe, like and comment. 



Labels: , ,

::The Myrabev Life::: Relationships: Cougar V. Sugadaddy

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Relationships: Cougar V. Sugadaddy

Question? How come if a woman dates a young man they are called "Cougar" and usually makes it sound wrong but when a man dates a young woman it's ok or rarely classified as sugar daddy?
At first when women "non-celebrity" dated/married a young man they were termed cradle robbers? But no body minded as much when older man married a young woman. To me it seems women have and are still being judged more harshly than their male counterparts. I myself am guilty in a small way to feeling some weirdness dating a young man but i feel it's ok for me to date an older guy. I am in no way against dating someone younger than yourself I think it depends on the person. For me I feel like anyone younger than me can't be viewed anything more than my brother, don't get me wrong am not saying younger men are less better than older men but its my preferences and my opinion.

My opinion may have been influenced more by the fact that every guy I dated who was my age or a little older always behaved childishly. It's well known that in most cases women develop faster "in maturity" than men that's just how it is and having witnessed that myself over the years I just felt going out with someone younger than me was a no no. Again don't misquote me their are men out there who have developed either faster or same as their female counterparts but their are a few. 
Now I have blabbed on about "maturity" now let me explain this, a mature minded  man with his senses in tact will always think of the bigger picture not just here and now and neglect the future. He will be putting others before himself, commitment does not scare him he embraces it. He cherishes what he has doesn't always trade it up for a new joy every time his bored instead he works at it and if cant work he discusses it and bids his farewell. Maybe I am thinking of a fictional character here but I would like to think that, that kind of men have described are out there and my man is one of them. To the ladies I will say this don't just choose the one with the money choose that one whose working for it who has a dream, ambition and can support himself, you and if ever happens your kids too. These days it's not easy and am not saying compromise to the point of dying no just don't overlook them all because you have certain desires. If he ticks 6/10 take him and work together on the other 4.  

Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading. Please remember to subscribe, like and comment. 



Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At 22 September 2014 at 09:36 , Anonymous Bintu @ Recipes From A Pantry said...

Lots of wisdom in your words. I hope you find the right man.

 
At 22 September 2014 at 10:45 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Bintu

 
At 6 December 2014 at 12:46 , Blogger Fiona said...

I do think people can find love with someone no matter what the age. I think it's the personality people fall in love with so age wouldn't matter as long as that person had an amazing personality - that's just my opinion. Having said that, I've only ever dated guys older than me, I'm just attracted to them - no idea why! My fiance is 7 years older than me but we act around the same age and have so much in common so we're really suited.

 
At 6 December 2014 at 13:07 , Blogger Ascending Butterfly said...

I am a single gal in New York City. I quite happy riding solo, I have always taken care of myself. Good men are much like Unicorns. Everyone loves the idea of a Unicorn, but who has actually seen or found one? LOL ;)

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

 
At 6 December 2014 at 15:03 , Blogger Soiree Design Studio said...

There has always been a double-standard when it comes to that. Women are constantly held to a different standard than men. I'm so glad to be out of the dating pool and found my hubby. Good luck girl!

 
At 6 December 2014 at 15:27 , Blogger Lesley said...

I haven't heard the term cradle robbers in a long time, but this is true, a Cougar was indeed referred to as a cradle robber back in the day. I was just watching Shark Tank the other night and there was a young man dating an older woman, she was in her late 30's and he was probably in his 20's. He has a whole line of energy drinks and clothing just for the Cougar. I was just like, "really?" Why such a big deal over a woman dating a younger guy that we need energy drinks and a clothing line?

 
At 7 December 2014 at 00:11 , Blogger Kiwi said...

Well I will be honest. I see the views but a lot of times when an older man does date a younger woman he is trying to coerce her with money to keep her around, but sometimes genuine love happens. With either gender, when they get older maybe a mid-life crisis kick in or they want to be adventurous so their dating scene seems to be scoping more of the younger generation. For all ages I think dating someone of a different age range can be a thrill and excitement and just curiosity. A lot of people link large age gap dating to "sex" escapades too...so hey at this point its whatever floats your boat!

 
At 7 December 2014 at 09:50 , Blogger Anosa said...

I agree so long as you love each other, have great personality is doesnt matter the age. I am like you only ever dated older men my boyfriend is 5 years older than me.

 
At 7 December 2014 at 09:51 , Blogger Anosa said...

Good men are like unicorns but we still need to look for them lol

 
At 7 December 2014 at 09:52 , Blogger Anosa said...

I think women have always been frowned upon if they date a younger man but not so much a man

 
At 7 December 2014 at 09:53 , Blogger Anosa said...

Wow energy drinks and clothing line just wow, I though don't like what it stands for I do like the term 'cradle robbers' lol

 
At 7 December 2014 at 09:54 , Blogger Anosa said...

I think when there is a large age gap most people definitely assume that not that love can happen which i think can no matter the gap but I will be honest I am skeptical when the differences is that of your parents and grand parents combined

 
At 7 December 2014 at 22:50 , Blogger Yona Williams said...

I personally think the term 'cougar' sounds fierce, and 'sugar daddy' does not sound OK...it sounds perverted to me. The term 'sugar daddy' makes me squirm when I hear it. I believe you can find love with any age difference (within legal reason, of course), but for me, it's been my experience that younger men just don't do it for me...mentally. Men my own age, either. I've always been attracted to men who were older than me because they tend to have better conversation, more life experience, and usually have some sort of goals set - at least, the majority of the ones I've come across.

 
At 8 December 2014 at 01:56 , Anonymous stacy | traveltripsters.com said...

I think you can't classify my men basically just by those terms nor age. I think relationships are based on compatibility and connection. You'd forget the minor stuff when you find the right guy. Based on experience and observation though, girls like sugar daddy's more. Sugar daddy in a way that the guy is older, more mature and able to support the girl financially. It's no wonder fact that even the most not-good-looking guy will looks so charming when he's got a nice car and lots of money.

 
At 8 December 2014 at 15:18 , Anonymous Delia @ Happy Blogger Plaza said...

I really think that it depends. You cannot classify all men or all women under the same umbrella. We are all different so I think that trying to judge everybody based on age, gender, as if we're all the same is really not helpful.

 
At 8 December 2014 at 20:15 , Blogger Anosa said...

I have always been attracted to older men than myself and mostly because of there maturity than anything else

 
At 8 December 2014 at 20:18 , Blogger Anosa said...

I am not trying to classify anyone I am simply stating how it mostly used to be viewed. I do think love can happen regardless of age difference and yes some women only date older men because they have money which is a shame but tis life we live in. I am dating a man older than me from experience they are more mature and stable than some men my age or even younger

 
At 8 December 2014 at 20:19 , Blogger Anosa said...

It does depend and not aiming to classify or group anyone in any group just stating the 'how it is' or the 'how it was'.

 
At 8 December 2014 at 22:48 , Blogger Esther JuLee said...

I think in general I would rather date older bc in my experience it has taken some time for guys to catch up in maturity. :P i guess if you see a much older guy with a younger girl.. i'm guilty of thinking the girl is a gold digger rather than focusing on how the guy would be a cradle robber. i think women are just criticized by both men and women no matter what they do... that even comes with whether a woman is successful.

 
At 9 December 2014 at 06:08 , Blogger Anosa said...

i am on the same page as you, experience has taught me a guy a bit older is usually better than most of my age mates or even younger ones but that's not to say we don't think younger or much older people can find love.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home