Personal Confessions ~ Count your blessings

21/11/2014 Graduation 

So July has gone and ended just like that and August has not wasted any time in starting and doing it's thing. Where is 2014 rushing to because I can't seem to catch a breath, take the month in and enjoy it before I say yes this has been some month. I seem to be having the knowledge that yes a new month has started but hardly the time to enjoy it like before but that's ok because even with me moaning my loses I have so many blessings that it's weird to think about.

I decided to write this post to remind myself not to get caught up in what's not happening or what has not happened or what I do not have or can't have but to appreciate what it is that I do have and have been blessed to have all this time. As a famous quote reads "it's the little things that matter and count the most", so with that spirit today I will share with you the little things that count the most for me.

Air we breath: we take it for granted and never really think about it we too busy thinking about what we do not have or thinking about something superficial. Think of it this way, whilst you complaining about something but still enjoying the free air to breath someone just too their last breath. I do not mean to or intend to sound crippy but has to be said.

Waking up: again following on my point above, so many went to bed last night but not everyone woke up. I thank The Lord every day and count my blessings each morning and night.

Friends: in this day and age it seems "real" friends are few and very rare, how many friends would you say would drop anything and everything to be there at your side? Of those their at your side how many are actually there because they want to not because they have been made to or it's their duty. It's so hard these days so when you meet and makes those good friend keep up and make sure you do as you would like them to do unto you.

Family: I have seen  so many people wish for just one more day to be with their family, and please note when I say family I do not necessary mean blood I mean people who are their for you, love you, praise you and still put you in your place when being silly etc. I am blessed with such an amazing family, back home we used to live in extended family and that was truly the best. Here in the uk it's just my parents , siblings and our new family additions but that's not all we have church friends and fellow country men.

Now crossing over to the blogging world, I have to count my blessings because as bloggers we know it's a tough community out their but mostly we are united and look out for one another. Last week I was chatting with a friend when she started asking me about blogging and I remember explaining to her that when I started I thought it was a case of write a post, publish and sit back relax and let the readers find you. After almost two months blogging and less comments that my fingers and toes combined I felt dejected because I was thinking were are all the people that I see comment on other blogs etc. obviously I hadn't learnt the powers of social media networking, actually reading and commenting on other bloggers posts, signing up to affiliates, Facebook pages, joining twitter groups, using hashtags all this good stuff.  I have been very fortunate in my blogging journey so far, God forbid but I am yet and I hope never come across mean people who hate to see you up and prefer you down. I have heard stories of bloggers being bullied, being looked down on and people thinking all we do is just write a post hit publish and let the internet do it's job. My friend was surprised when I told her what I do to ensure readers find my blogger, actually take the time to comment or send me e-mails etc. she was even more surprised when I explained what we do when we want a company to sponsor the blog, posts etc. her conclusion was it's a full time job all on it's own and really it is. These are some of my personal and blogging blessings, if I was to list them all done we would be here till kingdom come.

What things are you grateful for? When was the last time you sat down and counted your blessings?

Labels:

::The Myrabev Life::: Personal Confessions ~ Count your blessings

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Personal Confessions ~ Count your blessings

21/11/2014 Graduation 

So July has gone and ended just like that and August has not wasted any time in starting and doing it's thing. Where is 2014 rushing to because I can't seem to catch a breath, take the month in and enjoy it before I say yes this has been some month. I seem to be having the knowledge that yes a new month has started but hardly the time to enjoy it like before but that's ok because even with me moaning my loses I have so many blessings that it's weird to think about.

I decided to write this post to remind myself not to get caught up in what's not happening or what has not happened or what I do not have or can't have but to appreciate what it is that I do have and have been blessed to have all this time. As a famous quote reads "it's the little things that matter and count the most", so with that spirit today I will share with you the little things that count the most for me.

Air we breath: we take it for granted and never really think about it we too busy thinking about what we do not have or thinking about something superficial. Think of it this way, whilst you complaining about something but still enjoying the free air to breath someone just too their last breath. I do not mean to or intend to sound crippy but has to be said.

Waking up: again following on my point above, so many went to bed last night but not everyone woke up. I thank The Lord every day and count my blessings each morning and night.

Friends: in this day and age it seems "real" friends are few and very rare, how many friends would you say would drop anything and everything to be there at your side? Of those their at your side how many are actually there because they want to not because they have been made to or it's their duty. It's so hard these days so when you meet and makes those good friend keep up and make sure you do as you would like them to do unto you.

Family: I have seen  so many people wish for just one more day to be with their family, and please note when I say family I do not necessary mean blood I mean people who are their for you, love you, praise you and still put you in your place when being silly etc. I am blessed with such an amazing family, back home we used to live in extended family and that was truly the best. Here in the uk it's just my parents , siblings and our new family additions but that's not all we have church friends and fellow country men.

Now crossing over to the blogging world, I have to count my blessings because as bloggers we know it's a tough community out their but mostly we are united and look out for one another. Last week I was chatting with a friend when she started asking me about blogging and I remember explaining to her that when I started I thought it was a case of write a post, publish and sit back relax and let the readers find you. After almost two months blogging and less comments that my fingers and toes combined I felt dejected because I was thinking were are all the people that I see comment on other blogs etc. obviously I hadn't learnt the powers of social media networking, actually reading and commenting on other bloggers posts, signing up to affiliates, Facebook pages, joining twitter groups, using hashtags all this good stuff.  I have been very fortunate in my blogging journey so far, God forbid but I am yet and I hope never come across mean people who hate to see you up and prefer you down. I have heard stories of bloggers being bullied, being looked down on and people thinking all we do is just write a post hit publish and let the internet do it's job. My friend was surprised when I told her what I do to ensure readers find my blogger, actually take the time to comment or send me e-mails etc. she was even more surprised when I explained what we do when we want a company to sponsor the blog, posts etc. her conclusion was it's a full time job all on it's own and really it is. These are some of my personal and blogging blessings, if I was to list them all done we would be here till kingdom come.

What things are you grateful for? When was the last time you sat down and counted your blessings?

Labels:

34 Comments:

At 5 August 2014 at 10:29 , Blogger Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes said...

Such a lovely post. It's so important to remember your blessings no matter how big or small.

 
At 5 August 2014 at 18:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this!! So inspiring to stop and think about everything that is important in life :)

 
At 5 August 2014 at 18:28 , Blogger Unknown said...

i love that you're counting your blessings! i think it's such an important thing to do :)

 
At 5 August 2014 at 18:37 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great reminder! I am grateful for my family and having such of a caring and wonderful church. I'm grateful for a whole lot of things.

 
At 5 August 2014 at 19:05 , Blogger FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Such a heartfelt and touching post. You're making me think it's time to say a prayer of thanks for a lot of little things I take for granite!

 
At 5 August 2014 at 19:07 , Anonymous Melissa said...

This is such a great reminder to step back and see what is really important in life. My family is so special to me.

 
At 5 August 2014 at 19:44 , Blogger Ashley McCardia said...

Anytime I feel overwhelmed with stress, I remind myself of just how much we have. I think it is important to never forget how blessed we really are.

 
At 5 August 2014 at 21:08 , Blogger klgrant said...

There really are so many "mean girls" out there in the blogging world. I am glad to hear that you haven't had to see that part of it. I've been seeing all sorts of "gratitude" type posts around lately. I'm glad to see it is making the rounds.

 
At 5 August 2014 at 21:24 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is wonderful! It's so easy to just feel sorry for ourselves, but we truly have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for reminding me of that!

 
At 5 August 2014 at 21:32 , Blogger Britt said...

This is an incredible post. All of us can be reminded to be more grateful for these things! You are a talented writer xxo
www.paintopaper.wordpress.com

 
At 6 August 2014 at 01:11 , Blogger gillian claire said...

I loved reading your thoughts about blogging in the end of your post! It's so true that most people don't realize ALL the behind the scenes stuff that is involved behind blogs!

 
At 6 August 2014 at 01:36 , Blogger Chelsea Olivia said...

Love this. It's so important to think of all the little things that really do keep us going everyday!

 
At 6 August 2014 at 01:45 , Blogger Taneja's Bride said...

You are so thoughtful! It's time when I have allergies that I realize how much I take air for granted! I definitely love reading these posts because it feels like a little nudge to remember what we should be feeling lucky about! <3

 
At 6 August 2014 at 03:23 , Blogger spiffykerms said...

Great reminders that so many of us take for granted each day. I agree with blogging becoming a full-time job, it takes up SO much of one's time, and if you really want to do it often you have to make it a priority.

 
At 6 August 2014 at 05:33 , Blogger Unknown said...

I am grateful every day just to be alive!!

Blogging is a labor of love. We all work around the clock and we have to stick together and help each other out. It's the only way to success!! Sad to hear some people don't realize that.

 
At 6 August 2014 at 09:11 , Blogger Unknown said...

I am grateful for this little miracle that I am carrying. She's due any day now! I'm also grateful for a wonderful husband, a loving family, and a fab blog family too. Xo

 
At 6 August 2014 at 11:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely post. It's very rare that I sit down and think of all the things that I am grateful for. This is something I definitely should do more often. I am grateful for my fiancé, and the fact that he puts up with me without too much complaining!

 
At 6 August 2014 at 12:32 , Blogger Georgina prince said...

a great post we should defo appreciate what we have a little bit more and i totally agree with you on blogging its hard work but you have to love it lol x

 
At 6 August 2014 at 12:38 , Blogger The Northernist said...

This is a lovely post, and it's really made me stop and think how lucky I am to have the life I do. I'm grateful to have the most supportive and wonderful boyfriend, and the little flat that we call home. I'm grateful that I was accepted on to my University course, so I can pursue my writing career dream, and most of all, I'm grateful to be alive.

 
At 6 August 2014 at 12:47 , Blogger Lifetalkslisten said...

This is such a lovely post and I am grateful and thankful for being alive. x

 
At 6 August 2014 at 15:56 , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a great reminder. I think we all need to remember all the things we have to be grateful for.

 
At 6 August 2014 at 17:37 , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful post and thank you for the reminder to be grateful for the little things. ♥ xx

 
At 6 August 2014 at 18:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

this post is beautiful. community, whether in real life or in the blogging world, is so essential. love that you're taking a moment to write down things that you're grateful for!

 
At 6 August 2014 at 22:12 , Blogger Neely said...

OH I love this! Counting your blessings is a great thing to remember :)

 
At 7 August 2014 at 00:22 , Blogger Dina said...

Having a hugely supportive husband and an amazing little boy. We fought so hard to bring into this world and just having him here is so amazing in itself.

 
At 7 August 2014 at 02:44 , Anonymous Cailin @ Sassy Dove said...

It's wonderful to remind yourself to count your blessings. I'm definitely thankful for the little things every day...looking outside my window and seeing a hummingbird - feeling the sun on my skin - the taste of my favorite foods. Worldly joys.

 
At 7 August 2014 at 06:49 , Blogger Jessica Doll @ Team Wiking said...

These are all great things to remember. I always like to remind myself that the best things in life are the ones that money can't buy.

 
At 7 August 2014 at 18:11 , Blogger Raewyn @ Be A Warrior Queen said...

Counting my blessings always leaves me feeling wonderful!! I hope you felt the same :)

 
At 8 August 2014 at 00:54 , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a great post. I'm grateful everyday for my daughter.

 
At 8 August 2014 at 03:59 , Blogger Carly said...

It's definitely easy to take these things for granted, especially the air we breath. I know I try to count my blessings every day.

 
At 8 August 2014 at 04:40 , Blogger Jenn, hellorigby.com said...

So many positive things in this post. And yes, blogging is a really great community - I'm glad you haven't encountered any of the negativity either!

 
At 8 August 2014 at 06:29 , Anonymous Cam Bibs and Baubles said...

What a great post. It's so important to just sit back and be grateful for the little things. They're actually a really big deal. :)

 
At 8 August 2014 at 11:09 , Blogger Sarah Shermann said...

Such a heartfelt post, it is always so important to remember our blessings :-)

 
At 8 August 2014 at 22:38 , Anonymous estherjulee said...

it can definitely get discouraging at times with blogging. It's been four years and I feel like I'm just starting to get my act together with my blog. :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home