{24 Days} Day #18 ~ Dont go with the crowd


Fashion sense

Relationship advice

Me


Jewellery 
Products I love

When I started blogging I had no idea what direction I wanted to take, I thought maybe I should do fashion because people compliment my dress sense which if I am honest and seeing the many posts on the blogsphere I am not that great but its unique to me. I thought maybe I could do makeup and beauty products, well the make-up part failed miserable because though I do wear it now and again I am not really that into it but I do love beauty products and am sure you have seen my many posts on my main blog A July Dreamer. I was very confused when I started, I wanted my little piece of heaven to fit in somewhere. I have never been like that before in real life so I do not know why I wanted to be this on the blogsphere. Almost all the bloggy advice I read always talked about 'finding your blog niche' define it by plonking it in a category, some bloggers have even gone as far as said 'Lifestyle blog' is not really a category its for the undecided. I struggled with this for a while because I did not want to limit my blog to just say 'make-up' or 'out-fit' posts and there is nothing wrong with that I believe each to their own. When I chose to create my blogs I wanted to share me and the 4 corners of my world not just my love of nail polish or my addiction to jewellery or lipstick. I wanted to share my love of 'food', 'books' and share some motivational posts and personal confessions that might help someone somewhere, my advice to new and oddie bloggers is 'don't go with the crowd, follow your own path'. If you want a fashion blog only, do that if you want mummy blog only do that do not follow the crowd follow yourself. I love my blogs because both are LIFESTYLE and PERSONAL and I intend to keep them like that. I want to share all my loves, pevs and wants, I know it wont always be everyone's cup of tea but that's ok 'each to their own'.

Did you ever feel pressured to fit into a certain 'NICHE' or did you know already what you wanted to share or have it just developed along the way?

Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: {24 Days} Day #18 ~ Dont go with the crowd

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

{24 Days} Day #18 ~ Dont go with the crowd


Fashion sense

Relationship advice

Me


Jewellery 
Products I love

When I started blogging I had no idea what direction I wanted to take, I thought maybe I should do fashion because people compliment my dress sense which if I am honest and seeing the many posts on the blogsphere I am not that great but its unique to me. I thought maybe I could do makeup and beauty products, well the make-up part failed miserable because though I do wear it now and again I am not really that into it but I do love beauty products and am sure you have seen my many posts on my main blog A July Dreamer. I was very confused when I started, I wanted my little piece of heaven to fit in somewhere. I have never been like that before in real life so I do not know why I wanted to be this on the blogsphere. Almost all the bloggy advice I read always talked about 'finding your blog niche' define it by plonking it in a category, some bloggers have even gone as far as said 'Lifestyle blog' is not really a category its for the undecided. I struggled with this for a while because I did not want to limit my blog to just say 'make-up' or 'out-fit' posts and there is nothing wrong with that I believe each to their own. When I chose to create my blogs I wanted to share me and the 4 corners of my world not just my love of nail polish or my addiction to jewellery or lipstick. I wanted to share my love of 'food', 'books' and share some motivational posts and personal confessions that might help someone somewhere, my advice to new and oddie bloggers is 'don't go with the crowd, follow your own path'. If you want a fashion blog only, do that if you want mummy blog only do that do not follow the crowd follow yourself. I love my blogs because both are LIFESTYLE and PERSONAL and I intend to keep them like that. I want to share all my loves, pevs and wants, I know it wont always be everyone's cup of tea but that's ok 'each to their own'.

Did you ever feel pressured to fit into a certain 'NICHE' or did you know already what you wanted to share or have it just developed along the way?

Labels: ,

62 Comments:

At 18 November 2014 at 08:55 , Blogger XmasDolly said...

Yep, I feel the same way, "Each to their own". If you like me that's great and if you don't move on. No problem. I likes the way you think. Have a great day.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 09:00 , Blogger Fiona said...

It's great that you're yourself in the blogging world Myrabev. I used to feel pressured to fit into the bblogger category but I'm now a mix of everything! I think it's better to write for yourself rather than other people.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 10:20 , Blogger Roch said...

My blog is also a mix of everything I love to share as well. I don't feel pressured to write about any niche as long as I'm comfortable telling my opinion to the public.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 10:53 , Blogger Masshole Mommy said...

I have always done my own thing. I don't care what other people think :)

 
At 18 November 2014 at 11:21 , Blogger Franc said...

My blog is a personal blog though a large part of my content is fitness and travel. I can go with different topics though.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 15:00 , Blogger Unknown said...

So true. Don't you hate it when people needs to do along with something just because everyone is into it? I am very different - I go by my own rules whenever I want it, lol.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 16:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

Like you, at first when I started blogging everyone said to find a "niche". I've just ignored that for the most part and post whatever I want- blogging is for me!

 
At 18 November 2014 at 17:00 , Blogger Unknown said...

I do not feel any pressure with having to dress like everyone else.. but the kids a big different story.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:17 , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you about feeling the pressure but I've learnt to blog about whatever I'm comfortable with. Don't force a post, it should come to you naturally. I love those shoes!

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:42 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you marie, have a good day too and yes each to their own

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:42 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Fiona and love that you blogging about everything

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:43 , Blogger Anosa said...

I love a mix of everything and that you chose it to be that way x

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:43 , Blogger Anosa said...

Always the best way to go, taking people's thoughts usually leads to no good

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:44 , Blogger Anosa said...

Happy to hear that Franc, so long as its your own choice not pressure I think its good x

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:44 , Blogger Anosa said...

Set your own rules Aisha we are all unique because we different x

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:45 , Blogger Anosa said...

I felt pressure because I did not even know if I was doing it right but then I decided like you to just ignore them

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:45 , Blogger Anosa said...

Good for you, what ever makes you happy

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:46 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks love me these shoes and yes blogging about what we comfortable with is always the best way to go about it.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 19:57 , Anonymous kristin said...

I love to wear a flanel and Jeans. Cooler weather to me is all about staying warm not stylish.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 20:27 , Blogger Anosa said...

haha I am all for the warmth never the style but I try

 
At 18 November 2014 at 21:40 , Anonymous Dawn said...

Live and let live, and be your own man or woman, as the case may be. Great post!

 
At 18 November 2014 at 22:23 , Blogger Liz Mays said...

I've never been niche either, and I like it that way because it lets me do lots of things and not get bored. I think it's totally fine to do your own thing!

 
At 18 November 2014 at 22:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

It's better to stand out than be lost in the crowd. My blog is under 2 years old and still do not have a niche or anything. I just post whatever.

 
At 18 November 2014 at 23:16 , Blogger Eileen | www.yesmissy.com said...

I know people often try to put bloggers in categories, but I think it's best just to do what you love. I think it's something that everyone struggles with more or less. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 18 November 2014 at 23:59 , Blogger Dawn said...

Love, love, love the owl jewelry!!! I agree with you, DON'T go with the crowd :)

 
At 19 November 2014 at 01:01 , Blogger Pam said...

I think a lot of us are pressured to fit into a blogging niche. It's always best to just be yourself! If you write what you love, people will come.

 
At 19 November 2014 at 01:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

I am loving me some skinny jeans right now... And now that its colder here I can now wear layers and i'm excited.

 
At 19 November 2014 at 01:36 , Anonymous Tracers said...

I love and totally agree with this post. I am LOVING the owl stuff!

 
At 19 November 2014 at 02:01 , Blogger Ourfamilyworld said...

I developed it a long the way. We grow, evolve, change things. This is life. I love those shoes: gorgeous

 
At 19 November 2014 at 02:24 , Blogger Unknown said...

I have always just done my own thing and not worried about what others think.. I like your geek shirt.

 
At 19 November 2014 at 02:52 , Blogger Ann B said...

I love the owl necklace. I have a collection of owls. The Geek sweater is really cute.

 
At 19 November 2014 at 07:17 , Blogger My Thirty Spot said...

My blog has changed a lot over the years, and I have learned to blog about things I love and not what everyone thinks. It was hard to let it go, but I am much happier.

 
At 19 November 2014 at 07:49 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Dawn, I couldn't agree more x

 
At 19 November 2014 at 11:13 , Anonymous Amber Louise Edwards said...

I like that quote, speaks so much honesty. Be your own beauty.

 
At 19 November 2014 at 12:07 , Anonymous Elizabeth O. said...

To each their own. Cheers to that!

 
At 19 November 2014 at 13:55 , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, be who you want to be and dress any way you like!

 
At 19 November 2014 at 14:07 , Blogger Alyssa Collazo said...

I totally agree with this post. I'm loving your owl necklace!

 
At 19 November 2014 at 15:46 , Anonymous Erica Brooks said...

It's always best to do your own thing. Authenticity works out best in the long run.

 
At 20 November 2014 at 11:29 , Blogger Anosa said...

Its so ok to do your own thing than trying to fit in

 
At 20 November 2014 at 11:32 , Blogger Anosa said...

Well I am glad to hear that, standing out for yourself is the best way to go, ps I love your blog and your son is so cute x

 
At 20 November 2014 at 19:44 , Blogger Anosa said...

I agree doing what you love I am sure its why most of us started blogging

 
At 20 November 2014 at 19:45 , Blogger Anosa said...

awww thanks I love too

 
At 20 November 2014 at 20:09 , Blogger Anosa said...

Absolutely, write what you love

 
At 21 November 2014 at 03:06 , Blogger Unknown said...

When I first started to blog I was told that I had to pick a "niche". I knew I wanted to share my fun mommy moments. But I also wanted to share some stuff about my business. I didn't like that I had to pick one. So I didn't lol I 'm glad too. I just blog about the stuff I love!

 
At 21 November 2014 at 05:10 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I like what you share and blogging is all about us. Or it should be. Nope, I've never felt pushed into a niche or anything :)

 
At 22 November 2014 at 17:17 , Blogger Vanessa Morgan said...

So true. You are a wise woman ;-) Have a lovely weekend.

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:15 , Blogger Anosa said...

I love skinny jeans and been wearing them a lot lately with the weather being this cold

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:15 , Blogger Anosa said...

Awww thanks, my eye necklace is an absolute gem

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:16 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks, we definitely do grow and things do certainly change

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:16 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks doing our own thing is important though sometimes not easy

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:17 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you, I love my owl necklace and the geek jumper is lovely thanks

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:17 , Blogger Anosa said...

It is hard to let go but once you do its amazing feeling

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:17 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you Amber, created my own quote though am sure am not the first lol

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:18 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:18 , Blogger Anosa said...

Exactly the point i am trying to get across

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:18 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:18 , Blogger Anosa said...

It really does

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:19 , Blogger Anosa said...

I am glad that you didnt choose to pick one its good to do your own thing

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:19 , Blogger Anosa said...

I am glad you never felt pushed into any niche etc, blogging is about us and what we love to share

 
At 26 November 2014 at 20:20 , Blogger Anosa said...

awww thank you

 
At 29 November 2014 at 03:34 , Blogger Angele @Shoeboxbegone said...

OMG I LOVE the GEEK sweater!!!!! :) thanks for sharing!

 
At 1 December 2014 at 22:25 , Blogger Anosa said...

I love it too, got it from forever 21 its lovely and very cute

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home