Personal Confessions: Moving Forward ~ Embracing the unknown


2015 is almost upon us and so many of us have started making plans/resolutions/goals for the new year and the promises it holds. No one apart from God knows what will happen as we enter 2015, I remember entering 2014 as I did every year for the last 6 years with a champagne toast after counting down to the start of the New Year in London under the most magnificent firework display. Little did I know that 5 days entering the New Year I would lose my Job and 20 days into the New Year I would get another one which looking at it now is much better than the one before. How could I have known that 3 days into this wonderful new role I would be faced with the most distressing news that would end up turning my life upside down and making me question if anything in my life was ever real or just hocus pocus? I hadn't had the chance to get over this shock then to be informed a mere few days that I should be the bearer of good news for the third party whilst I slowly die. 2014 was unforgiving, it did not only rob us of one family member but 4 because it had to balance this planet somehow, recovering from it seemed impossible even too far fetched. Yes my 2014 sucked and yes I would love nothing more than to have the best 2015 but as history has taught me I do not know what the future holds. I am afraid to see the 5th of January again, I am dead scared to reach the 19th of February again because these two dates proved fatal for me this ending year. I sit and wonder how this year paralyzed me in more ways than one, I sit and wonder what in God's name did I do to karma to be sent such a blow not only to my mental state but to my emotional state too - Karma is indeed a bitch.

2015 here we come with the new #attitude but same old me
A photo posted by A July Dreamer (@myrabev) on


Now that the worst of the worst for 2014 is off my chest let me share why I am happy still with my life. I lost one job and gained one so much better, I sit and think about the circumstances of how I lost my previous job and think wow trusting some people is reason for my downfall. I have always been someone who gives you the benefit of the doubt instead of putting my guard up I have it down until its too late and when I do have them up I apologise but for you they will never be down in your presence ever again. I do not want to be that person who is always doubting people and wasting energy instead I prefer to believe in someone until they prove me wrong. With all the bad that happened in 2014, it seems almost all brought me joy and maybe even the ones I am yet to see the joy there is joy in not knowing. I have been able to do so many things that I thought impossible and in my loneliest hours I have found the courage to cry the pain out and embrace the unknown. I have a firm belief that nothing happens without a reason and even though for some things in my life I am yet to understand the reason or the reason is there and I refuse to see it I know it's all for the best. I pray and pray until I can pray no more but I know deep down it was meant to be like this. Life throws us so many obstacles and it's up to us how we handle them. I do not know if how I am handling the obstacles in my life the correct way but I do know and believe the lord wouldn't allow for me to be in a situation he fully knew I couldn't handle. So I know whatever happens in my life I can handle and if I feel that I can not I can always cry to the lord for his guidance and his right arm on my back to help me up and move on forward.
2015 is still a scary year for me as I do not know how it will start but I do know if possible I want to be in the house of the lord early morning just like I would like to be in the house of the lord to close the year this Wednesday evening. My faith and my trust in the almighty is what has helped me to reach thus far, I have had countless opportunities throughout 2014 that I do not think I would have been able to have on my own, both in my personal life and in my blogging world. I want to leave you with this message 'all is possible in the lord, even impossible says I'm possible'. Happy Holidays and blessings for the New Year

Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: Personal Confessions: Moving Forward ~ Embracing the unknown

Monday, December 29, 2014

Personal Confessions: Moving Forward ~ Embracing the unknown


2015 is almost upon us and so many of us have started making plans/resolutions/goals for the new year and the promises it holds. No one apart from God knows what will happen as we enter 2015, I remember entering 2014 as I did every year for the last 6 years with a champagne toast after counting down to the start of the New Year in London under the most magnificent firework display. Little did I know that 5 days entering the New Year I would lose my Job and 20 days into the New Year I would get another one which looking at it now is much better than the one before. How could I have known that 3 days into this wonderful new role I would be faced with the most distressing news that would end up turning my life upside down and making me question if anything in my life was ever real or just hocus pocus? I hadn't had the chance to get over this shock then to be informed a mere few days that I should be the bearer of good news for the third party whilst I slowly die. 2014 was unforgiving, it did not only rob us of one family member but 4 because it had to balance this planet somehow, recovering from it seemed impossible even too far fetched. Yes my 2014 sucked and yes I would love nothing more than to have the best 2015 but as history has taught me I do not know what the future holds. I am afraid to see the 5th of January again, I am dead scared to reach the 19th of February again because these two dates proved fatal for me this ending year. I sit and wonder how this year paralyzed me in more ways than one, I sit and wonder what in God's name did I do to karma to be sent such a blow not only to my mental state but to my emotional state too - Karma is indeed a bitch.

A photo posted by A July Dreamer (@myrabev) on


Now that the worst of the worst for 2014 is off my chest let me share why I am happy still with my life. I lost one job and gained one so much better, I sit and think about the circumstances of how I lost my previous job and think wow trusting some people is reason for my downfall. I have always been someone who gives you the benefit of the doubt instead of putting my guard up I have it down until its too late and when I do have them up I apologise but for you they will never be down in your presence ever again. I do not want to be that person who is always doubting people and wasting energy instead I prefer to believe in someone until they prove me wrong. With all the bad that happened in 2014, it seems almost all brought me joy and maybe even the ones I am yet to see the joy there is joy in not knowing. I have been able to do so many things that I thought impossible and in my loneliest hours I have found the courage to cry the pain out and embrace the unknown. I have a firm belief that nothing happens without a reason and even though for some things in my life I am yet to understand the reason or the reason is there and I refuse to see it I know it's all for the best. I pray and pray until I can pray no more but I know deep down it was meant to be like this. Life throws us so many obstacles and it's up to us how we handle them. I do not know if how I am handling the obstacles in my life the correct way but I do know and believe the lord wouldn't allow for me to be in a situation he fully knew I couldn't handle. So I know whatever happens in my life I can handle and if I feel that I can not I can always cry to the lord for his guidance and his right arm on my back to help me up and move on forward.
2015 is still a scary year for me as I do not know how it will start but I do know if possible I want to be in the house of the lord early morning just like I would like to be in the house of the lord to close the year this Wednesday evening. My faith and my trust in the almighty is what has helped me to reach thus far, I have had countless opportunities throughout 2014 that I do not think I would have been able to have on my own, both in my personal life and in my blogging world. I want to leave you with this message 'all is possible in the lord, even impossible says I'm possible'. Happy Holidays and blessings for the New Year

Labels: ,

34 Comments:

At 29 December 2014 at 10:34 , Blogger Masshole Mommy said...

I always say that when one door closes another one opens and it sounds like you are well on your way to a great 2015 :)

 
At 29 December 2014 at 10:41 , Blogger Unknown said...

Firstly, I LOVE that instagram picture! Definitely try to leave the bad things behind. With you, I believe everything happens for a reason…sometimes those reasons just take awhile to show themselves! Here's to a great 2015!

 
At 29 December 2014 at 13:30 , Blogger Mama to 5 said...

What great photo's! I want the same thing next year, leaving all and any garbage behind me and start fresh, have a Happy New Year!

 
At 29 December 2014 at 17:54 , Blogger CourtneyLynne said...

What fabulous pics gurlieeeee :):) 2015 is definitely a year for me to be more positive and leave anything ughhhh behind ;-)

 
At 29 December 2014 at 17:54 , Blogger Beauty and the Bump said...

I hope your 2015 is much better! Thank you for sharing.

 
At 29 December 2014 at 19:05 , Blogger Fiona said...

I'm so sorry to hear your 2014 was a hard one and I'm so sorry for your losses this year. Hugs to you my dear. I hope 2015 is a great year for you, full of happiness and great memories. You look stunning by the way :) x

 
At 29 December 2014 at 19:22 , Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing happens by accident. God's in control. Wishing your a wonderful 2015.

 
At 29 December 2014 at 19:30 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your perspective on things...I try to be optimistic, in fact I've decided that after lots of stress and frustration in 2014, I will make 2015 my bitch -- it will be amazing and I know it will be for you too!

 
At 29 December 2014 at 21:37 , Blogger Andi said...

I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason. If something bad happens it usually means that something good is on its way!

 
At 29 December 2014 at 22:01 , Anonymous Deidre Emme said...

Love the optimism in your post! 2015 is going to be a great year if we make it that.

 
At 29 December 2014 at 22:47 , Blogger Lauren // Pink on the Cheek said...

So much inspiration in this post. This will be helpful in 2015!

 
At 29 December 2014 at 22:55 , Blogger Echo aka The Mad Mommy said...

I love that image of you stepping out of the rubble and into a New Year! I truly hope that this new year will show you more wonderful things!

 
At 30 December 2014 at 02:22 , Blogger Roch said...

My mom also lost her job but got two jobs now that she prefers over her previous old one. Life took her down but now she's back up. There were also lots of bad things that had happened this year but we only hope that good things are to come in 2015.

 
At 30 December 2014 at 02:26 , Blogger Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

2015 is absolutely going to be better! 2014 was certainly rough and isn't ending all that well either (for me). Every one in my life that dies seems to do it in January (completely bizarre, but it's what it is) so I always get anxiety once the 1st hits. I'm forcing myself to be positive this year right from the get-go.

 
At 30 December 2014 at 02:27 , Blogger Unknown said...

I hate hearing about how bad 2014 was for you. I defiantly have had some years that sucked big time. When it rains it pours, but I believe that everything happened in order for you to grow. I mean I have all the faith in the world that 2015 is going to be your year!!! I can't wait to see all the good that is coming your way :)

 
At 30 December 2014 at 02:57 , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you when you said everything happens for a reason. I also pray and pray and pray and wait and wait and wait to see where God will take me in this life. Great post. Keep on trucken girl...

 
At 30 December 2014 at 04:09 , Anonymous Beth@FrugalFroggie said...

I wish there was something brilliant I could say to help with your hard 2014. But I hope for all of us that 2015 ROCKS!!

 
At 30 December 2014 at 15:07 , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Love these photos! Everything does happen for a reason. Remember that God has a purpose and a plan for everything. He always puts things into place in order to bless us.

 
At 30 December 2014 at 15:14 , Blogger Carly said...

What a year! We lost family members too.....it was a rough one!

 
At 30 December 2014 at 15:58 , Blogger Brendy Beauty said...

What awesome photos! I hope 2015 has some really amazing things in store for you!

 
At 30 December 2014 at 16:00 , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome pics! Happy 2015!

 
At 30 December 2014 at 19:17 , Blogger Cassie Tucker said...

I cannot wait for 2015 to be here. My 2014 started out rough but with God's strength I just kept going and 2014 is ending very well indeed. I'm just hoping that God continues to bless me and my family in this new year to come.

 
At 30 December 2014 at 20:38 , Blogger Ann B said...

Your photo is perfect! I am entering 2015 with a new attitude. The last couple of years have been really tough and I could use something to look forward to.

 
At 30 December 2014 at 21:42 , Blogger Cousin Becky said...

God is good and His mercies endure forever. FAITH in the storm. Fun Adventures in Trusting Him.. Happy New Year

 
At 30 December 2014 at 22:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you had one hell of a year. Come to think of it, last year was pretty bumpy for us as well. I'm glad you've been able to focus on the positive...
And I LOVE that picture you put up, on the stairs to 2015. That's gorgeous!

 
At 30 December 2014 at 22:48 , Anonymous Kelly - A Side of Sweet said...

It sounds like 2015 will find you stronger and more confident that ever! You are a BEAUTY!

 
At 30 December 2014 at 23:32 , Blogger Cori said...

Bring on 2015! I too am ready for a fresh start.

 
At 31 December 2014 at 00:50 , Blogger Rachel said...

Such a beautiful and heartfelt post. I too have my worries about 2015 but I love that you are facing it with confidence in the Lord. He will be your strength.

 
At 31 December 2014 at 16:37 , Blogger Jinxy and Me said...

You are truly amazing. I was touched by your post and feel inspired for 2015. I pray that you keep moving forward and that you have a super 2015.

 
At 1 January 2015 at 04:33 , Blogger Julie @ Director Jewels said...

Life is made up of ups and downs, and sometimes the downs are really, really down. I'm hoping for a better 2015 for you as well as myself.

 
At 2 January 2015 at 19:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

My heart and big hugs go out to you for your losses :( I hope that 2015 is a year of peace for you! You deserve it! xx

 
At 2 January 2015 at 22:46 , Blogger Unknown said...

Here's to wishing you a much happier 2015! Also, I love your outfit!

 
At 4 January 2015 at 05:39 , Blogger Angele @Shoeboxbegone said...

It has to get better right? stay strong. stay you. hang in there. may 2015 be YOUR year to shine.

 
At 5 January 2015 at 20:48 , Blogger Yaitza Bueno said...

great outfits! Hang in there I know 2015 will be a great year

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home