Health & Exercise Monthly Update ~ TWO


I would like to start this post and say that for the last FOUR weeks I have been hard at work on my health and exercise goals but that will be telling fibs. Ever since my last 2x 5k runs I did last month I have not attempted to do another because the pain my poor old legs felt it was like no other. I was sore for a week at least before I started to feel like me again, I am sure those of you who do exercise are saying I should have continued and persevered through and continue as it would get better but after my first then my second heart attack (self-diagnosis) I do not think I will be taking 5k's easily any more. My biggest mistake was pushing myself too soon without doing the basics, I have not run for over 3 years now and then I got and do 5k without stopping let me just say big mistake huge. I should have paced myself and taken time to realise that my fitness levels from 3 years ago are not the same today especially since I do not really do any exercises.

So let us just say lesson learned and running on hold (if not permanently).


In the first healthy & exercise monthly update I shared with you my plans for getting back to my normal size of 65kilos. Though I have not done much of any of the ideas I shared I have been implementing more of meal planning and healthy eating. It is not easy to do healthy eating 24/7 with my 9-5 with managing two blogs, I am not saying impossible just saying not easy for me.
For the last two weeks I have been preparing overnight oats for my breakfast and honestly its the best decision ever, I have saved up so much time with overnight oats and since they are so easy to make it's awesome.

I have not yet started the shakeology nor the T-25 but my DVDs and shake have arrived and can not wait to begin. I am on holiday for a week and then busy with my brother's wedding plus moving so I am hoping to start the two programs at the end of May instead.

I have not really been drinking enough water or keeping myself hydrated enough unless tea counts as hydration then I am good. I am not really a water drinker unless flavoured water so I struggle a lot, my infuser bottle I shared in my first monthly post has been helpful but only when I have fruits left over from my overnight oats to use for water do I have it done.



As I have mentioned above, meal planning is going great. I cook once a week for the entire week and I switch up the sides to the dish I have prepared to give me variety and I love it.
If I do not cook in advance I have simple and easy to make meals but definitely staying away from the ready meals and takeaway.

Health Stats
75Kg (was 78 kg last month)
170m height
12-14 size.

I can see the change in myself with my healthy eating and I know once I start adding exercise I will be able to reach my goal before my next major holiday.

How are you doing with your health & exercise this month?

Labels: ,

::The Myrabev Life::: Health & Exercise Monthly Update ~ TWO

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Health & Exercise Monthly Update ~ TWO


I would like to start this post and say that for the last FOUR weeks I have been hard at work on my health and exercise goals but that will be telling fibs. Ever since my last 2x 5k runs I did last month I have not attempted to do another because the pain my poor old legs felt it was like no other. I was sore for a week at least before I started to feel like me again, I am sure those of you who do exercise are saying I should have continued and persevered through and continue as it would get better but after my first then my second heart attack (self-diagnosis) I do not think I will be taking 5k's easily any more. My biggest mistake was pushing myself too soon without doing the basics, I have not run for over 3 years now and then I got and do 5k without stopping let me just say big mistake huge. I should have paced myself and taken time to realise that my fitness levels from 3 years ago are not the same today especially since I do not really do any exercises.

So let us just say lesson learned and running on hold (if not permanently).


In the first healthy & exercise monthly update I shared with you my plans for getting back to my normal size of 65kilos. Though I have not done much of any of the ideas I shared I have been implementing more of meal planning and healthy eating. It is not easy to do healthy eating 24/7 with my 9-5 with managing two blogs, I am not saying impossible just saying not easy for me.
For the last two weeks I have been preparing overnight oats for my breakfast and honestly its the best decision ever, I have saved up so much time with overnight oats and since they are so easy to make it's awesome.

I have not yet started the shakeology nor the T-25 but my DVDs and shake have arrived and can not wait to begin. I am on holiday for a week and then busy with my brother's wedding plus moving so I am hoping to start the two programs at the end of May instead.

I have not really been drinking enough water or keeping myself hydrated enough unless tea counts as hydration then I am good. I am not really a water drinker unless flavoured water so I struggle a lot, my infuser bottle I shared in my first monthly post has been helpful but only when I have fruits left over from my overnight oats to use for water do I have it done.



As I have mentioned above, meal planning is going great. I cook once a week for the entire week and I switch up the sides to the dish I have prepared to give me variety and I love it.
If I do not cook in advance I have simple and easy to make meals but definitely staying away from the ready meals and takeaway.

Health Stats
75Kg (was 78 kg last month)
170m height
12-14 size.

I can see the change in myself with my healthy eating and I know once I start adding exercise I will be able to reach my goal before my next major holiday.

How are you doing with your health & exercise this month?

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

At 29 April 2015 at 12:04 , Anonymous NYC Single Mom said...

You really give me inspiration to make a more mindful attempt at healthy eating. I do think meal planning is the key to doing that. I just go from day to day and I think that is the way to go of course for me.

 
At 29 April 2015 at 15:01 , Blogger Jeanine said...

Overnight oats sound amazing! Meal planning is important to me and keeps me on track. If I don't do that I generally snack on junk. Keep up the good work!

 
At 29 April 2015 at 17:44 , Blogger Jenny @cookeatgo said...

Congrats on the loss this month!!! I use Crystal light powder to help flavor my water to make it more tolerable to drink. Little changes over time will help you to be more successful in your weight loss journey and also make it more sustainable!

 
At 29 April 2015 at 17:49 , Blogger Heather Jones said...

I've got to do the overnight oats thing. I've never had anything other than the packaged processed oatmeal, this sides nice and probably much healthier.

 
At 29 April 2015 at 20:04 , Anonymous Erica Brooks said...

It can be tough to stay on track but it will pay off in the end. It was hard for me to drink enough water when I first started my weight loss journey too. Try adding a slice of lemon. It adds a great flavor to water.

 
At 29 April 2015 at 20:29 , Blogger Yellow Tennessee said...

My goal is to try and get my bad knee to let me do a little running. So far it hasn't worked out. That and I need to drink a lot more water also.

 
At 29 April 2015 at 22:50 , Blogger Norah said...

Wow, congrats on slowly achieving your goals. It is so hard! I am also training again now that it is warm here in NJ. Keep up the good work!

 
At 30 April 2015 at 02:02 , Blogger Franc said...

Yes, it's hard to do 5K without stopping from scratch. I like the run walk method better since it gives you and your heart time to recover in between.

 
At 30 April 2015 at 06:12 , Anonymous Tyra said...

Congrats on the progress. Good idea to be mindful and take it one step at a time. And the fish dish looks amazing!

 
At 30 April 2015 at 06:35 , Blogger Rebecca Swenor said...

It is seriously much easier on our bodies to ease into being where we used to be after a while. I am trying to eat healthier because I cut way back on junk food anyway. Exercise wise I have started walking a lot more than I did all winter. Yeah! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 30 April 2015 at 10:03 , Blogger Stephanie said...

That's the first time I've ever seen a fish entree look good. I don't even like fish! Keep up the good work and you'll get to where you need to be in no time! Rome wasn't built in a day!

 
At 30 April 2015 at 16:57 , Blogger Michele D said...

What a great job. Keep up the motivation. I am so up and down with my weight this post helps. Thanks!

 
At 30 April 2015 at 19:03 , Blogger Unknown said...

I've been trying to drink more water, too. I do best when I add fruit to it, also. Congrats on your progress, keep it up!

 
At 30 April 2015 at 22:58 , Anonymous Terri Ramsey Beavers said...

You're looking great, keep it up good work. I'm balancing my diet eat more fruits.

 
At 1 May 2015 at 02:25 , Blogger CourtneyLynne said...

Great job girlie!!!!!! No just keep on going and keeping up the fabulous work :) bravo :)

 
At 1 May 2015 at 02:38 , Blogger Bojoy said...

Good job! Just keep on eating healthy (plus exercise) and you'll get there in no time. It's not easy but we should never give up. Btw, I love overnight oats too!

 
At 3 May 2015 at 08:09 , Blogger The Mommy-Files said...

Way to go on working on your health, fitness and meal planning! That salmon looks amazing! I seriously need to start working on my fitness and health!

 
At 18 May 2015 at 05:14 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thank you, I am very glad to hear I gave you inspiration. Meal planning helps me a lot more than I knew

 
At 18 May 2015 at 05:15 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks, I am the same when it comes to meal planning and junking. I love me my overnight oats

 
At 18 May 2015 at 05:16 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Jennifer, I will need to check out Crystal light powder as me and drinking water have always had an issue.

 
At 18 May 2015 at 05:17 , Blogger Anosa said...

It is so much healthier and love the idea that you know and control what goes in it

 
At 18 May 2015 at 05:17 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Erica, I am not that much of lemon flavoured water hence why I did not really take to it but I will give it another go.

 
At 18 May 2015 at 05:18 , Blogger Anosa said...

I would start off just walking and then maybe if its not too bad do small intervals, one minute walk one minute small jog.

 
At 18 May 2015 at 05:19 , Blogger Anosa said...

Thanks Norah, I am working on it and good luck to you too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home